Are you concerned about the number of toxic substances found seemingly everywhere in our world today? You have a right to be concerned for there are documented scientific evidences that these toxic substances are harming our health, hurting us and our children, tainting and shortening our lives.
A number of chemical threats to our health are found in our food sources, the air we breathe and our water. We know about perservatives and artificial coloring and flavorings added to our foods--pesticides, herbicides and industrial vapors in our air. We realize it is better to eat whole rather than processed foods and of course organic so pesticides and herbicides can be avoided. It is a shame that we cannot even have water to drink without purifying it due to the dangers of chlorine, fluoride, and metal contaminates that are present in our drinking water. This is the world we presently live in. But there's more...
Have you ever stopped to consider the dangers of household cleaners that have chorine, ammonia, sulfuric acid, phosphoric acid, lye, phenols and formaldehyde? Some of these are also in your bathing products, your makeup, air fresheners, as well as detergents and household cleaners.
Here is a brief survey of some dangers of the 7 chemicals listed above:
1. Chlorine--Used in drinking water, swimming pools, and household cleaning products. This chemical contributes to asthma, skin irritations, allergic reactions, coughing, and in high exposure chest pains and even death.
2. Ammonia--used in glass cleaners, food processing, farming and explosives. This chemical is volitile and in too strong exposure can result in breathing and swallowing difficulty, damage to body cells upon contact, burning eyes, nose throat, coughing which may need hospitalization.
3. Sulfuric acid--a very strong, corrosive chemical used in some toilet cleaners and detergents that can cause breathing difficulties, rapid low blood pressure change, vomiting with blood, speech problems, vision loss, chest pain/tightness, shortness of breath and even death.
4. Phosphoric acid--put in small amounts into colas to give a sharper, tangy taste, and slow growth of molds and bacteria. Drinking colas having this acid can result in 5x more chance of fractures and low bone density, and 2x likelihood of kidney disease and kidney stones. If inhaled or touched it causes dermatitis, pain, tearing, blurred vision, difficulty swallowing/breathing and gastrintestinal problems.
5. Lye (sodium hydroxide)--used in drain cleaners, oven cleaners, metal polishers and some soaps. Lye can cause pain and burning eyes, ears, nose, throat, lips, and tongue. When inhaled causes breathing difficulties, lung inflammation, throat swelling, harm to esophagus and temporary vision loss. If ingested is often fatal.
6. Formaldehyde--Used primarily as a preservative to preserve for dissections, also in building materials, soaps, detergents and some processed foods, especially rice, fish, or chicken from some Asian countries. It is toxic, allergenic, and carcinogenic. Known also as brand names, Formadon, Forma-Ray, and Formalaz; its systemic name is methanal (not same as methanol). This culprit is a cancer producing agent, and in less concentration causes coughing wheezing, chest pains, bronchitis, and allergic reactions. It can also be responsible for severe damage to the upper gastrointestinal tract.
7. Phenol (carbonic acid)--Used in plastics, nylon, detergents, herbicides, aspirin, and pharmaceutical drugs, some cosmetics, sunscreens, hair coloring products, and skin lightening preparations. Phenol used to be extracted from coal tar, and is now taken from petroleum. It has been known to do damage to the liver and kidneys, heart, and lungs, causing lung edema. When touched it causes skin burns. It is toxic to the central nervous system, effecting motor activity which can lead to paralysis and unconsciousness.
Now that you have been refreshed on some of the dangers of using these unsafe chemcials, you are probably wondering what more can I do to avoid toxins in our environment? Maybe it seems overwhelming, so you just give up trying to avoid them, but this could be at a great price to you and your family's health.
If you have been inspired to do something about making your home a safer, toxic free home, let me introduce you to an acclaimed, quality, chemical and toxin free company that has over 400 excellent totally organic and natural products that perform as well or better than the chemical laden store brands you are likely using at present.
Hope you will desire to look further into this important topic, so dior to your well being. I also have another wellness oriented site that is listed below, having many organic and pure vitamins, supplements and herbal products.